Rally Italia Sardegna in 2016 and 2017 has received the environmental certification “Progress Towards Excellences” from the FIA Institute (http://www.fiainstitute.com), the body of the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile, dedicated to sustainability of motorsport events in the world.
ACI Sport is committed, through a conscious and resposible policy, to implement all necessary measures to reduce at the minimum the environmental impact of Rally Italia Sardegna in order to obtain the Excellence certificate as per the Environmental Programme of the FIA Institute.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
16 January 2018
Developing a conscious and responsible policy in the area of Mobility is a key goal of ACI institutional mission, commitment to environmental sustainability of the Rally Italia Sardegna is more than ever felt to be of great value, since it affects important fauna and environmental areas. “Sustainability” is more and more an integral part of the overall design, organization and management of the event.
We aim at creating the best conditions for the promotion of the event, minimizing environmental stressors, by a conscious and careful use of the territory. We want to create added value for the territory, increase visibility of regional resources and develop a social and ethically responsible culture by fostering local and sustainable products.
We have identified methodologies and organizational experiences, which can be upgraded in the course of time, replicated and shared, by setting an Environmental Management System in which goals, performance and targets can be “improvable”, “measurable” (when possible), and applicable to all Rally activity areas.
ACI Sport, as organizers and promoters of Rally Italia Sardegna, will make every effort to carry out a series of actions. In particular we will:
- use environmental impact assessment to inform key decisions about the conduct of the event
- comply with the relevant environmental laws, regulations, and the other environmental requirements, as well as the FIA Institute Environmental Certification Framework
- disseminate all necessary requirements to respect and protect the environment; promote a responsible behavior of as many people as possible (insiders, drivers, teams, public in general)
- involve all local authorities
- be open and transparent in terms of our activities and of our environmental performance (appointment of key officers)
- carry out accurate research to identify and evaluate potential environmental risks
- previously identify all necessary provisions in order to minimize environmental impacts and disturbance to wildlife, if present in the areas concerned
- obtain a positive environmental impact assessment from the Competent Authorities and the issue of land use concessions
- prefer “ethically” responsible partners and suppliers, holding valid environmental certifications, if available; choose products and services with positive environmental performances
- manage fuel consumption, and reduce or offset CO2 emissions
- adopt measures to promote selective waste collection and provide opportunities for recycling
- save energy and use renewable energy sources whenever possible